The following guidelines apply to refunds of tuition and fees:
- All tuition and fees, excluding the application fee, shall be refunded if a student does not commence class attendance.
- Students who attend class but formally withdraw from a course by the end of the third instructional/business day of the term will receive no grade for the course and will receive 100% refund of applicable tuition and fees. Financial Aid Awards will be adjusted accordingly.* Exceptions may be allowed for customized courses that do not follow the OTC standard academic calendar.
- Students who have commenced class attendance and withdraw from a course after the end of the third instructional/business day of the term shall receive a grade of ‘W’, ‘WP’ or ‘WF’ and shall receive no refund of tuition and fees.
*For those students receiving federal financial aid, OTC shall make available consumer Information that may be found at www.ifap.ed.gov under the appropriate aid year’s Handbook. Although there will be no refund of tuition and fees after the third instructional/business day, withdrawing students receiving Federal Pell Grant will have awards adjusted in compliance with the Return to Title IV process (R2T4) outlined in the Federal Student Aid Handbook. Reduction of financial aid due to withdrawal may result in the student’s incurring a financial liability to the college.
- Persons enrolled in non-credit courses that are canceled due to insufficient enrollment at the discretion of the college will receive a 100% refund of all fees.
- Persons providing written notification to the Economic Development Department at least 48 hours prior to the beginning of a course will receive a 100% refund of all fees.
- No refunds will be made after the course begins without written approval of the Vice President for Economic Development.
- No refund shall be made for expendable supplies and equipment (i.e., cosmetology kits, diskettes, tools, book bags and totes, clothing, etc.)
- Full refunds shall be made for books and eligible bookstore items that are returned within 7 consecutive days from the date of purchase in new, resalable condition with no marks, no writing. Items must be unsoiled and accompanied by the original receipt.
- All tuition and fees will be refunded to any student who is required to withdraw from courses as a result of being called into active duty.
- All tuition and fees will be refunded to any student required to relocate in response to a national emergency.
- No refund of tuition and fees shall be made to any student who has commenced attendance and does not formally withdraw, is suspended for disciplinary reasons, or leaves the college as a result of disciplinary action.
- No refund of tuition and fees shall be made for reducing course load after the first three instructional/business days of the term unless the institution is at fault.
- A refund of all required charges (tuition, non-resident fee, and student activity fee) shall be made in the event of the death of a student at any time during the semester.
- Refunds shall be made without requiring a request from the student.
- Refunds shall be made within 30 days of the last day of attendance if written notification of withdrawal has been provided to the college by the student.